Falls Church, VA
- The primary purpose of the Sales and Business Development Manager is to develop new IT opportunities within the State and local Counties.
- The position cultivates and/or assures sustained connection and exposure at the state, county and city level, providing for operational stability and the financial capacity to serve more customers over time.
- This position requires working from our corporate office with travel throughout the assigned region.
- Candidate should build relationships with various departments in the State and County
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help in the proposal initiation for any feasible opportunity
- The position also works in collaboration with all company product and business lines.
- Identify potential opportunities in the State and County for the company to bid on
- Locates potential business opportunities by contacting potential partners
- Must be able to drive the solution aspects
- Develop and negotiate contracts
- Integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance
- Develop strategic plan for the assigned region, in alignment with the overall strategic plan to achieve growth targets.
- Execute development strategy and proactively drive the development process with a clear focus on product growth with high commitment and capacity to implement with fidelity to the product.
- Establish a personal presence throughout the assigned region, state, and business line in order to build and maintain extensive networks among key constituencies.
- Partner with existing champions and stakeholders around strategy, direction, and approach to serving more customers in the assigned region, state and business line.
- Collaborate with members of the executive leadership team and other individuals as appropriate to assist in promoting the product.
- Maintain contact with representatives of other organizations to exchange and update information on resources and services available
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business Management in IT or related field
- Two to four years of experience and/or training in service, marketing, sales, business development and/or locally-adapted franchising organizations
- Understanding of the workings of state and local governments and funding agencies is preferred, as is experience with both for-profit and non-profit organizations in multiple states.
- Must show attention to detail (market research focused)
- Must be highly motivated to explore new markets
- Experience with Proposals is a plus
- Should have worked with CRM tools such as Sales Force etc.
- Team player, with good communication skills, build relationships with new clients.
- Experience working with local government organizations.