Onsite: 2-4 weeks onsite/ Remote
Duration: 4 + months
The primary purpose of this role is to support, install, design, implement, upgrade, and optimize the performance of Allscripts Sunrise databases in a large health system environment.
- Creating Allscripts Sunrise Test and Production Environments
- Daily monitoring, maintenance, and optimization of Allscripts Sunrise databases.
- Configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of SQL Server AlwaysOn setups.
- Configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of traditional SQL Clusters.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Allscripts Sunrise Database/ SQL Server and related technology issues.
- Monitor/maintain environments natively and with third party tools.
- Routinely perform root cause analysis and identify issues with associated application and technical teams.
- Lead/assist in the planning/installation/configuration of database implementations.
- Proactive capacity planning of database systems per application and business requirement.
- Install and configure database system software plus third-party system tools, applications and products.
- The ability and desire to learn and thrive in a collaborative, 24x7, highly visible environment.
- Estimate effort for self and agree on schedules with Project Managers.
- Accurately estimate effort for self and agree on schedules with database manager.
- Liaise with manager; keep manager informed of progress.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation (Database, Architecture, etc.) to assist with team redundancy and knowledge transfer.
- Discuss issues/requirements with client(s) and associated teams.
- Work collaboratively with teams on database design and data modelling with a focus on improving Allscripts Sunrise efficiency and for fast application performance.
- Participate in the process of ensuring that identified Business Continuity measures are implemented, documented, and regularly tested, to enable continue operations of systems identified as requiring such protection in accordance with the corporate Disaster Recovery program.
- Stay current with the database and related technologies.
- Perform software upgrades and new software installation both pro-actively and in response to requests from users of systems, including any necessary patches to database systems and applications to ensure continuing stable and secure operation.
- Provide an ad-hoc support service to users of all computer systems, troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- 2-5 years industry experience preferred
- 5-10 years database product knowledge preferred
- 3+ years of Allscripts Sunrise Databases
- Minimum of 3 years SQL Server experience in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with VLDBs in a highly transactional environment preferred.
- Knowledge of MySQL and/or Netezza (IBM PureData) systems a plus
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to explain technical terms to non-technical individuals.