Deputy Project Manager
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Full Time Hire
Deputy Project Manager will work closely with the Engagement Director to ensure the smooth running of the project. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Scheduling; assigning staff; assessing risk and risk management; coordinating the various components which contribute to the project as a whole to ensure they are being delivered on time; ensuring that deadlines are met; and updating staff and keeping all interested parties in the project informed of progress and any issues which may arise. The Deputy PM must have planning and problem solving skills, and be able to set clear, measurable goals, emphasize good time management without sacrificing quality, be skilled at relationship management and be able to negotiate well and handle any issues with diplomacy and tact. Attention to detail and data analytical skills, technical writing skills and should possess professional skills within the field of child welfare, acting as a mentor and contribute as needed to keep the project on schedule. Should possess a high level of oral and written communication skills, be organized, efficient and able to prioritize. Must have led projects utilizing agile / scrum methodology.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: managing communication between scrum teams and all project teams; managing and communicating release schedules with all project teams; communicating risks; develop release policies, guidance and metrics; coach/mentor scrum teams in lean-agile best practices; assist in team building across multiple scrum and other project teams; manage and track solution dependences across project teams; coordinate scrum team efforts with other project teams (i.e. testing, OCM, training); support delivery teams; determine product readiness.
• 8+ years’ experience
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
• Five (5) years of experience in project management on projects similar in size and scope to the CCWIS project;
• Experience in Agile and Scrum methodology
• 2+ years managing projects using Agile methodology as a Scrum Master
• Must have excellent technical writing skills;
• Excellent written and communication skills;
• Ability to contribute toward creating a harmonious results-oriented team;
• Experience and proficiency in mentoring staff;
• Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
• Two (3) years of experience managing large scale project in Agile
• Experience in Health & Human Services agencies
• Experience in Child Welfare program
• Experience/Knowledge of
Jira (Issue and project tracking), Jama (Requirement tracking & control), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, Working knowledge of Critical Path Analysis (CPA), Gantt charting, Budget tracking, Timelines estimation.