Position: Senior Systems Administrator
Standard Work Hours: Day shift with weeknight and weekend work as needed. On average there is one weeknight monthly and one weekend semi-monthly.
Travel: Some travel may be required mostly within the Metro DC area.
Clearance: Active or interim Secret or Top Secret clearance
Lead administrator within a Windows and Oracle environment managing multiple systems and applications in support of an SAP Business Objects Enterprise and .Net development contract. You will take direction from a Team Lead and while you will not be in a supervisory role, you will be expected to show seniority by operating independently, having a sense of ownership in your systems, providing recommendations, working to build a mature operation setting, and remaining flexible as priorities change.
· At least 7-10 years of experience maintaining a Microsoft centric environment
· Experience and comfort being the senior administrator of an environment
· Creating and maintaining technical SOPs and other documents
· Remain flexible and motivated as project priorities change
· Extensive experience with managing varied application systems with the ability to quickly learn and take over new systems
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff
· A strong understanding of Windows Server management, Active Directory and DNS
· Understanding of High Availability and Business Continuity concepts
· Experience deploying and troubleshooting IIS and Tomcat web sites
· Experience maintaining development environments that includes Sand Box, Development, QA, IV&V, Production and Post Production
· Experience with patching processes and concepts of rolling updates
· Understanding and experience using Remedy ticketing systems
· Ability to operate independently
· Ability to work within a security-focused environment
· Familiarity with the Department of State, Consular Affairs systems and processes
· Familiarity with SAP Business Objects Enterprise and Data Services
· Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
· Experience with and ability to lead projects and/or tasks
· Understanding of the ITIL and Agile Frameworks